Manual Handling: A common-sense approach
Presented by Rhea Mercado
How many continuing education points do you get?
Check with your relevant association.
About the course
This two hour onsite course is designed to provide you with real-world, practical manual handling skills in a fun, casual, and interactive session.
The course aims to provide an overview of manual handling principals that you can apply to ALL situations regardless of what products, equipment, tools, people, or animals you are moving about.
We get that every person is different, every workplace is different, and every job is unique – so, we’ve thrown out the mundane lecturing and power point slides, and we give you an opportunity to learn skills, practice those skills, and find solutions to those awkward jobs.
More than two thirds of the course is spent in your working environment practicing and learning safer techniques for lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, shoving, hauling, dragging, crawling, kneeling, squatting, and reaching.
You will learn practical, real-work skills about
- How to efficiently use your body when moving things about
- How to apply the main principles of manual handling to EVERY situation
- How to work smarter and not harder in your environment
And, you will discover that there are many ways to move the same thing, and to move it safely (even with those dodgy knees).
- Small course participant numbers (max 12)
- Highly interactive, hands on sessions
- Set in your actual, real-world work environment using your equipment, tools, materials, and products
- Plenty of time to learn, practice, refine, and master the skills
- Principles are easy to learn and remember
- Fun and casual environment
- We can bring chuppa chups and Starbursts
Please contact us to discuss your exact needs. We can tailor the program to your workplace and run multiple workshops over one day or a number of days depending on the size of your organisation.