Occupational Rehabilitation: A common-sense approach
Presented by Rhea Mercado
How many continuing education points do you get?
8 CEP – Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
For others, please check with your relevant association.
About the course
This full one-day course is an introduction and a real-world view of occupational rehabilitation consultancy. If you are new to the industry, considering joining the industry, or have been around for a while, this course will have something for you.
The course aims to provide an overview of the main activities of the job, and how to accomplish these in a common-sense, practical, and caring way.
The course will explore the core of occupational rehabilitation, and the realities of initial assessments, workplace assessments, medical case conferences, and return to work plans.
You will learn practical, real-work skills about
- planning assessments
- communicating with the worker and the stakeholders
- what questions to ask and how to ask them
- setting rehabilitation and recovery goals, and
- what information stakeholders actually want and need
And, you will discover that with effective and caring interactions, occupational rehabilitation consultants can genuinely support the worker, the medical team and rehab support team to achieve an outcome.
- Snacks and drinks are provided
- You will learn real-life practical tips to case management
- The course will take you through a case from initial assessment to the development of a return to work plan
- Highly interactive course with lots of time for discussion
- Practical and activity-based assessments
- Small participant numbers (Max 10 participants)
- Introduction to occupational rehabilitation consultancy
- Initial assessments
- Workplace assessments
- Medical case conferences
- Developing recovery at work plans
- Managing difficult cases
- Points on Piste (Perisher Blue) – Cancelled due to that virus thing
- Blacktown – Saturday 12 September 2020 – All done!
- Liverpool – Sunday 27 September 2020 – Cancelled due to virus thing
- Parramatta – Sunday 18 October 2020 – All done!
- Wollongong – Saturday 24 October 2020
- Newcastle – contact us to express your interest
- ESSA Members – $330
- ESSA Student Members – $275
- General admission – $385
- Students (non-ESSA) – $300.00
- *Private Booking – $3,300 (max 12 people)
*all prices are inclusive of GST
*Click here to make a private group booking
Ready to rock and roll… pick a course date below
Wollongong – Saturday 24 October 2020 Occupational Rehab: A common-sense approach$275.00 – $385.00 incl. GST
We aim to still run the courses following the NSW government guidelines including social distancing, good hygiene practices, and limiting the number of participants.
In the event that we have to cancel a course, or you cannot attend because of COVID-19, we will try to find you another course date or give you a FULL refund. Thanks!