Facilitated by Rhea Mercado
How many continuing education points do you get?
8 CEP – Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
For others, please check with your relevant association.
About the course
This one-day course is an introduction and a real-world view of occupational rehabilitation consultancy. If you are new to the industry, considering joining the industry, or have been around for a while, this course will have something for you.
The course aims to provide an overview of the main activities of the job, and how to accomplish these in a common-sense, practical, and caring way.
The course will explore the core of occupational rehabilitation, and the realities of initial assessments, workplace assessments, medical case conferences, and return to work plans.
You will learn practical, real-work skills about
- planning assessments
- communicating with the worker and the stakeholders
- what questions to ask and how to ask them
- setting rehabilitation and recovery goals, and
- what information stakeholders actually want and need
And, you will discover that with effective and caring interactions, occupational rehabilitation consultants can genuinely support the worker, the medical team and rehab support team to achieve an outcome.
- Snacks and drinks are provided
- You will learn real-life practical tips to case management
- The course will take you through a case from initial assessment to the development of a return to work plan
- Highly interactive course with lots of time for discussion
- Practical and activity-based assessments
- Small participant numbers (Max 10 participants)
- Introduction to occupational rehabilitation consultancy
- Initial assessments
- Workplace assessments
- Medical case conferences
- Developing recovery at work plans
- Managing difficult cases
- We are now only taking private bookings for the rest of 2020
- Click here to make a private group booking
- Parramatta – Saturday 13 March 2021
- Newcastle – Sunday 16 May 2021
- Wollongong – Saturday 23 October 2021
- ESSA Members – $330
- ESSA Student Members – $275
- General admission – $385
- Students (non-ESSA) – $300.00
- *Private Booking – $3,300 (max 12 people)
*all prices are inclusive of GST
Ready to get started?
Newcastle – Sunday 16 May 2021 Occupational Rehab: A common-sense approach$275.00 – $385.00 incl. GST
Parramatta – Saturday 13 March 2021 Occupational Rehab: A common-sense approach$275.00 – $385.00 incl. GST
We aim to still run the courses following the NSW government guidelines including social distancing, good hygiene practices, and limiting the number of participants.
In the event that we have to cancel a course, or you cannot attend because of COVID-19, we will try to find you another course date or give you a FULL refund. Thanks!