Facilitated by Rhea Mercado
About the course
This five-hour course aims to provide an overview of the main roles of the Allied Health Professional and the Workplace Rehabilitation Consultant, and how a collaboration can empower and assist an injured worker’s recovery and return to work.
The course will explore the unique roles of an AHP a Rehab Consultant, and the role they play within the NSW workers compensation scheme.
You will learn practical, real-work skills about
- How to explain each of these roles to the worker and stakeholder
- How to communicate with one another and work together to support recovery and rehabilitation
- How to communicate with the worker and other stakeholders
- How to align the treatment goals with the rehabilitation goal
Participants will discover that with effective, caring and collaborative interactions, both the allied health professional sand the rehabilitation consultant can genuinely support the worker, the medical team and rehab support team to achieve an outcome.
- Snacks, and drinks are provided
- You will learn how to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Highly interactive course with lots of time for discussion and practice
- Activity-based assessments
- Small participant numbers (Max 12 participants)
- The NSW Compensation Scheme
- The role of the Allied Health Professional
- The role of the Rehabilitation Consultant
- The Collaboration and a unified message
- Parramatta: Sunday 28 March 2021
- Wollongong: Saturday 30 May 2021
- Newcastle: we would love to offer the course, click here to express your interest
- Click here to make a private group booking
- ESSA Members – $210
- ESSA Student Members – $190
- General admission – $250
- *Private Booking – $3,300 (max 12 people)
*all prices are inclusive of GST
How many continuing education points do you get?
Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) is reviewing our application to accredit this course for 5 CE Points
For others, please check with your relevant association.
Ready to get started?
We aim to still run the courses following the NSW government guidelines including social distancing, good hygiene practices, and limiting the number of participants.
In the event that we have to cancel a course, or you cannot attend because of COVID-19, we will try to find you another course date or give you a FULL refund. Thanks!